I’m not much of a lunch eater. For some reason, I just don’t ever feel like putting much effort into lunches, so lunches end up being a snack-fest more often than anything.
Recently, however, I’ve been on a tuna melt kick. It’s a quick, easy, and filling lunch that I can totally get behind (and fit in between the gym, grocery, showering, and getting to tutoring sessions on time). I posted a picture of this sandwich on Instagram the other day, and y’all immediately requested the recipe.
Forgive me for a short post today. I wish I could tell you that I had to rush off to a Memorial Day barbecue, or some other pressing engagement. The truth? I have to finish this post and my laundry before the season premiere of The Bachelorette. I mean, c’mon…the previews keep promising me a healthy mixture of abs and man-tears! You couldn’t expect me to miss that, could you?
- 1 can tuna drained
- 1/3 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons your favorite shredded cheese
- 2 slices crusty bread I used sourdough
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, red pepper, scallion, mayo, yogurt, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the tuna over the two slices of bread and top each with 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite shredded cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and just starting to brown around the edges, and the sandwiches are heated through. Allow to cool for a minute before cutting in half and serving.
Let me know how the Bachelorette goes. The TV I’m in front of doesn’t seem to be working at the moment 😉 I love all things MELT….and I have a can of tuna in my cupboard, so I’m anxious to try your go-to sando!
Dude. Get on those internets and watch last night’s episode. Weirdos galore! 😉
I like the addition of red pepper. I look forward to trying this sandwich. Tuna is one of my favorites.
I love tuna melts! And yet, I can’t remember the last time I made one! Must change that asap!
Right? I tend to forget about them…and then I’m always glad when I rediscover them. Yum.
OK firstly, I want to faceplant into this open-faced sammich. YUMMMM.
Secondly, thoughts on this season of The Bachelorette thus far? I think Des got dealt a crazy/cruddy hand of men. Though I am excited for the man-tears! 😉
Ok, seriously, this is the BIGGEST bunch of weirdos I’ve maybe EVER seen. This is gonna make for some great TV.
I really like Tuna melts and haven’t had one in forever. I will have to try your recipe!
The guys on the bachelorette are a bunch of crazies…can’t wait to see what drama unfolds! 🙂
I love tuna melts… I don’t know many people who agree with me.
I love a good tuna melt. I think it is a great, quick little meal. As for the Bachelorette… I totally agree that she got dealt a lot of weirdos. I am rooting for the shirtless wonder to stick around for a while because I know he will make for good TV. Also, Mike is not thrilled that this show is back on and taking up his Mondays for two hours.