Fluffy No-Knead Refrigerator Rolls: The fluffiest dinner rolls come from the easiest, no-knead refrigerator-roll dough. It’s a dream come true!
This post is sponsored by Red Star Yeast. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own.
I know I just shared my Texas Roadhouse Rolls recipe with you last week, but I think you’ll forgive me for the carb overload with this recipe.
This recipe for Fluffy No-Knead Refrigerator Rolls comes from my great-grandmother’s recipe box.
This recipe was originally given to my Ma-Ma by a woman named Nancy Nanovski, who lived across the street from my mother’s family when she was growing up. Nancy is known in my family for two things: this roll recipe, and her “cleaning tip” that she would give to young women who were getting married: leave the vacuum cleaner out all of the time so that if someone stops by unexpectedly, they will think they interrupted your cleaning and automatically forgive your mess.
I think Nancy and I would have been friends.
Did you know that nearly one billion people worldwide suffer from chronic hunger, and that every 10 seconds a child dies because they are severely underweight or lack essential nutrients?
Because of statistics like these, and so many more, Stop Hunger Now has made it their mission to end hunger through working together. Red Star Yeast is partnering with Stop Hunger Now to share this mission and to encourage people to start working in their own communities to end hunger by baking with Red Star Yeast and sharing in their community.
A portion of proceeds from Red Star Yeast purchases will go towards Stop Hunger Now to provide meals and life-saving aid to children and families around the world. It is Red Star Yeast’s goal to provide 200,000 meals annually.
To help further this mission and support this partnership, I am joining 11 other amazing bloggers to each bring you a “double batch” baking recipe, with hopes that you will bake and share in your community this fall.
One of the best thing about Nancy’s Refrigerator Rolls (as they’re known in my family) is that the recipe makes a ton of rolls. Bake the rolls, then share half with someone in your community.
These rolls would be perfect alongside a roast chicken, a pan of pasta, or a pot of soup, and the easy no-knead dough makes it simple for you to share a full meal with a friend or a neighbor in need. You could even make them a batch of Cinnamon Honey Butter or Instant Pot Persimmon Butter to take the gift to a whole new level.
Make sure to visit the Bake & Share Pinterest Board to scope out all of the fantastic recipes.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (4½ teaspoons) Red Star PLATINUM Yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups sifted flour
- Dissolve shortening, salt and sugar in 1 cup of boiling water in a large mixing bowl. Mix and let cool (shortening does not need to completely melt).
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup of warm water. Add to the cooled shortening mixture along with the eggs. Whisk thoroughly to combine. Stir in the flour until well combined.
- Top the bowl with lightly greased foil and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from the refrigerator. Gently turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 16 equal pieces. For each piece, tuck the edges under until the top of the dough is taught, like a bubble of bubble gum. Then place the roll on the floured surface, "bubble" side up, and roll it between your hands in a clockwise motion to tighten up the roll. Repeat with each dough piece.
- Place rolls in 2-3 greased cake pans or 1 greased 13x9-inch pan. Cover lightly and let rise for one hour.
- While rolls rise, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes, until deeply golden on top.
More bake-and-share recipes to explore:
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Knots from A Kitchen Addiction
- Pumpkin Challah from Bakeaholic Mama
- Apple Crisp Sweet Roll Coffee Cake from Barbara Bakes
- Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls from Completely Delicious
- Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Donuts from Foodness Gracious
- Apple Cinnamon Streusel Pull Apart Bread from Girl Versus Dough
- Cream Cheese Filled Brioche Sweet Rolls from Miss in the Kitchen
- Sourdough Sandwich Bread from My Kitchen Addiction
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Icing from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Snickerdoodle Bagels with Cinnamon Crunch Topping from The Law Student’s Wife
- Apple Honey Pecan Sticky Buns from Tutti Dolci