Do you know what type of pasta I love?
Trick question. I love all pasta.
Ok, this one really isn’t a trick question: Do you know what type of pasta I really love to make?
Answer: The type that requires just a few delicious ingredients and takes about 13.2 minutes to make, water-boiling time included.
What we’ve got here are some roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, and spinach, all love-nestled together with some white wine and snuggled up with some feta cheese. The feta gets just a little bit melty and together with the sauce coats the pasta in a cheesy, salty, creamy, tangy layer of pure love. Oh, you wanted a little spice in this mix? A pinch of red pepper flakes will do the trick for ya there. Totally appropriate.
And do you know what’s really fantastic about this pasta? The leftovers were just as good the second day straight from the fridge as they were warm.
Basically, I love pasta that enables my frequent dinner-laziness. Don’t look at me like that, you know you do, too.
Other totally easy pasta recipes for your lazy viewing pleasure:
- ½ pound pennette pasta (or other shaped pasta)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup roughly chopped roasted red (and/or yellow) peppers
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, and cook for about 1 minute, just until the garlic is fragrant. Add the peppers, artichoke hearts, and wine. Reduce heat to medium and allow the wine to simmer for about 3-4 minutes, until reduced by about half.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, spinach, and pasta to the pan. Toss together, allowing the spinach to wilt and the tomatoes to warm through. Add the feta cheese and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.