Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Rollups: Cream cheese, red peppers, scallions, ranch dressing mix and bacon make these rollups the perfect appetizer for a crowd. Try to eat just one…I dare ya.
I have never had a party where these rollups weren’t the first thing to disappear.
So when contemplating how to make something containing cream cheese and ranch dressing mix even better, where did I turn? To bacon, of course.
Bacon always makes things better.
This version – Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Rollups – uses scallions and red peppers just like the original version, but replaces the minced black olives with finely chopped cooked bacon.
I also chose to use my Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix in lieu of the packaged mix. If you use the homemade mix, you will need about 3 tablespoons. Of course, you could still use the packaged mix, but I promise that once you try the homemade version, you will never go back.
Rumor has it that we are hurtling into football tailgating season, so my #12Bloggers cohorts and I have brought you 12 tailgate-friendly appetizer recipes. Whether you are actually tailgating or doing the more comfortable thing and staying at home to watch the game, finger foods are high on the list of must-haves, and boy do we have you covered.
Just make sure not to eat all of your Bacon Ranch Cream Cheese Rollups before your friends arrive.
Make sure to check out the other 11 appetizer recipes perfect for game day:
- Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes from A Night Owl Blog
- BLT Dip from BetsyLife
- Artichoke Bacon Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Chicken Parmesan Bites from A Little Claireification
- Deviled Eggs from The Rebel Chick
- Ten Minute Mozzarella Sticks from Million Moments
- Avocado Bruschetta from Bless This Mess Please
- Slow Cooker Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings from Mom Endeavors
- Tailgating Texas Caviar from See Vanessa Craft
- Margarita Lime Baked Chicken Wings from Around My Family Table
- End Zone Cheese Dip from Plugged In Family
- 4 12-inch tortillas
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup finely chopped red pepper
- Scant ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons homemade ranch dressing mix
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, red pepper, scallions, bacon and ranch mix. Spread evenly over the 4 tortillas. Roll each tortilla up tightly, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, unwrap roll-up from plastic wrap and slice.