Brown Sugar Caramels are the perfect sweet treat to make and give this holiday season — just try not to eat them all yourself!
…Yeah, me neither…
But seriously. There is just something about homemade caramels. (By the way…do you say “car-muhl” or “care-a-mell”?) It only takes a few humble ingredients and a little bit of heat to make magic happen when it comes to making caramel.
Much like sharing family recipes with you every Christmas, I seem to have need to encourage you to pull our your candy thermometers about once a year. (Exhibit A: My great-grandmother’s Peanut Brittle recipe.)
I know that candy making can feel intimidating, but it really is not that scary. Get yourself a good candy thermometer – this one on Amazon is very similar to the one that I use – keep your eye on it, and you are set.
This recipe makes around 75 caramels – this can increase or decrease depending on how big you cut your candies – which is plenty to give as gifts or take to a holiday party this month. In fact, this recipe is a perfect addition to this month’s #12Bloggers theme – Holiday Party Treats!
Regardless of the occasion – be it a work shindig, school party or a soiree with the in-laws – we have you covered this month. Make sure to check out my fellow 11 bloggers’ recipes for fun and tasty holiday party treats:
- Vanilla Mixed Nuts with Cranberries from BetsyLife
- Peppermint Marshmallows from Home Cooking Memories
- Rum Spiced Walnuts from I Love My Disorganized Life
- White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Peppermint Bark from Million Moments
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge from A Night Owl
- Old Fashion Molasses Cookies from Bless This Mess
- Peppermint S’mores from Mom Endeavors
- Gingerbread Cupcakes from See Vanessa Craft
- Cranberry Orange Fudge from Around My Family Table
- Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bombs from White Lights on Wednesday