I can’t really say that this is one of those healthy recipes. But have you ever just had a craving for something and you can’t shake it until you have whatever it is?
That’s kind of what happened with these muffins. I had the idea for them one day and knew I wouldn’t be able to stop thinking about them until I made them. Somehow I just knew that the delicate flavors of coconut and lemon would pair perfectly in a muffin.
I’m not gonna lie…I was right.
And if you make these and feed the majority of them to your coworkers, then it totally justifies them and they’re not a big deal at all! Not that I would ever do anything like that… =)
- 2 cups flour*
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup coconut milk (I used lite, but regular would be fine)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (coconut oil would be super appropriate here if you have it)
- ¾ cup lemon curd
- ¾ cup shredded coconut + additional for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, eggs, oil and lemon curd until smooth. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in shredded coconut.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Top with shredded coconut. Bake for 15-18 minutes for regular-sized muffins (10-12 minutes for mini muffins), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.