Looking for a quick, easy and healthy dinner? Look no further than Smoked Sausage and Roasted Vegetables – a one-pan dinner wonder!
I know I have fallen off the grid a little bit. I’m still hanging around on social media (so follow me on Instagram and Facebook if you want proof that I’m still alive!), but I’ve been working (a lot) and the wedding is one month from today so…things might continue to be a bit sporadic around here until after the wedding craziness dies down.
But in the meantime, I’ll give you a few life updates:
In related news, this little nugget’s momma is officiating our ceremony and, let me tell you, interpreting Illinois marriage laws to make sure she has completed all of the necessary paperwork to do so has been an interesting adventure. Someone just promise me Alex and I will be married at the end of April 18th, ok? ‘Kthanks.
And now, a recipe! Glory be! This one-pan wonder is one of our go-to dinners these days. It is quick and easy, filling and good for you. To make it even quicker, cut and season everything ahead of time, and pop it in the oven when you are ready for dinner. You’re just 30 minutes away from a satisfying dinner.
- 1 pound smoked sausage (pork, turkey or beef - your choice)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- ⅓ to ½ head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- ½ teaspoon each: Garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano, dried basil, ground cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut sausage and vegetables into relatively uniformly-sized pieces - about ½ to 1 inch. Cut harder vegetables such as potatoes and cauliflower into slightly smaller pieces, and faster-cooking vegetables into larger pieces - the goal is to have everything done at around the same time.
- Place all vegetables and the sausage into a large zip-top bag or a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper and spices to coat. Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until vegetables are cooked and sausage is browned. Serve topped with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired.
*World Vision provided the lovely scarf, but I received no payment for promoting World Water Day and all opinions are 100% my own.