Yes, that’s right. I have just recently gotten into Friday Night Lights. For someone who is usually obnoxiously punctual, I am rather late to this party. But now that I’m there, I don’t ever want to leave.
Don’t leave me, Tim Riggins. Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.
Oh, and Shane from The Walking Dead died last night, too (finally). Yes, we are also late to that party. Go figure.
Other things that happened last night: Boyfriend raided the refrigerator, pulled out some things that really needed to be used up, and made some awesome Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwiches in the crock pot. This was amazing for two reasons:
Reason A: I was starving.
Reason B: It gave me something to post today, and I didn’t even have to come up with the recipe myself.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I win all the prizes for finding myself a man who can cook.
So I now present you with a stupid-easy recipe, made entirely with items you probably already have in your kitchen.
High fives all-around, y’all.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1¼ cups barbecue sauce (use your favorite!)
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on high for 2½-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred in a large bowl (I usually use two forks to do this). Add as much of the sauce as you like to the shredded chicken, stirring to combine. Serve with any leftover sauce, barbecue sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, and/or pickles, if you are so inclined.