Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball: Cream cheese mixed with crushed pineapple, peppers, scallions, and pecans – the perfect sweet-salty addition to any party or gathering!
This post is sponsored by Diamond of California, but all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this site possible.
She has 3 cheese ball recipes that she pulls out once a year, typically at either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Considering we are a family of 8 (now 9 with the addition of Alex) on a good day, making 3 cheese balls for one holiday gathering seems a bit extreme, but she continues to make all of the recipes as each one is someone’s favorite.
This year, after eating my weight in cheese ball at Thanksgiving (don’t worry, I gave her cheddar and blue cheese ball some well-deserved attention as well), I decided to recreate this salty-sweet wonder in my own kitchen.
Pineapple and pecans and cheese might seem a little bit wacky, but I promise – it is awesome.
The sweetness of the pineapple is balanced by the pepper (red in my version), green onion and Worcestershire sauce, and the crunchy pecans are basically a must to round the whole thing out.
I wish I could say that you need crackers to spread it on, but I would have a total Pinocchio moment if I told you that I had never eaten it straight from the spoon.
Just try to actually use a cracker as a vehicle to get it to your mouth – particularly if you are serving it at your New Year’s Eve party. Your guests will thank you.
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup finely diced red pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 8-ounce cans crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups Diamond of California Pecan Chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients and ½ cup of the pecans until thoroughly combined. Shape into a ball, cover and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
- Before serving, roll the cheese ball in the remaining pecans. Place on a platter and serve with crackers.