Classic shortcake topped with fresh strawberries and lightly sweetened whipped cream. It’s a summertime classic that speaks for itself.
Well guys, Brunch Week has ended. I know, it feels a little like the holidays ending…all of those brunch recipes packed into one week made for one hell of an internet holiday, didn’t it?
I would say that we are back to the grind, but luckily for us, it is the 12th of the month, so you know what that means – it is time for another #12Bloggers post! Each month I join 11 other bloggers to bring you 12 recipes each with 12 ingredients or less, all centered around monthly themes. This month we are embracing the arrival of warm weather and the beautiful produce that it brings and sharing recipes that are fresh and fruity!
When preparing for this month’s recipe, I knew I was going to be receiving a big shipment of strawberries for another project (be sure to check in next Monday for that!) and decided to hijack a few of those berries to make one of my favorite summertime desserts: Classic Strawberry Shortcake.
How do I like my strawberry shortcake? Preferably heavy on the berries and short on the cake. (See what I did there?)
This is a perfect summertime classic that needs no embellishment – let those summer-sweet berries shine with just a bit of sugar and perhaps a dollop of lightly whipped cream, if you’re feeling really fancy.
Be sure to check out all of the other fresh and fruity recipes from my 11 fellow bloggers:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mini Jars from Mom Endeavors
- Mixed Berry Panna Cotta from BetsyLife
- Simple Strawberry Tart from The Rebel Chick
- Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie from Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Fresh Fruit Tartlets from A Little Claireification
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles from A Night Owl Blog
- Healthy Tropical Fruit Smoothie from Bless This Mess Please
- Easy Apple Tarts from Million Moments
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake from Eat Your Heart Out
- Lemon Sorbet from See Vanessa Craft
- Triple Berry Granitas from Around My Family Table
- Blueberry Slush from Plugged In Family