This Best Peach Ice Cream recipe is everything you’ve been looking for: The perfect peach ice cream recipe to use the best of summer’s bounty.
I have been blogging for nearly 3 years (um…wait…what?! yowza.) and realized that – in spite of owning an ice cream maker for two of those years – I am yet to bring you an ice cream recipe.
I am sorry. I know that you need ice cream in your life.
You need ice cream to get you through Mondays. You need ice cream to celebrate promotions and birthdays and anniversaries. You need ice cream to help you survive painfully-long Bachelorette finales.
You need ice cream just because it is Wednesday and the sun is shining.
Truth be told, I discovered this peach ice cream recipe a year ago.
Yes, I have been holding out on you. But by the time I realized how amazing this recipe is – that it is truly The Best Peach Ice Cream – it was the end of peach season and it seemed cruel to taunt you with a recipe for which it could be difficult to source ingredients.
And so, instead, I waited patiently for a year to bring you this recipe when you could best appreciate it.
See? Really I’m nicer than I seemed at first.
The best peach ice cream recipe comes to you courtesy of my friend Kathleen. Long-time readers will remember Kathleen as the source of Brown Sugar Fudge and Kathleen’s Banana Oatmeal Muffins.
Girlfriend knows a killer recipe when she sees one, so when she told me that she had been fiddling with her peach ice recipe to perfection, I knew good things were in store for my tastebuds. And because Kathleen loves this space and my dear readers (that’s you!) as much as I do, she is letting me share the secrets to this recipe with you:
1. Brown sugar. Lots of it. Let the peaches hang out in it before blending. Oh boy, you’ll be glad. (PS: This is not diet ice cream.)
2. Almond extract. Yep, you read that correctly. If you use a good-quality almond extract, you will only need a little bit to give more depth of flavor to your entire batch of ice cream. Consider it that “special something” in this recipe.
3. Heavy cream. Not whole milk. Not half-and-half. Heavy cream. Again, this is not diet ice cream. This is not vegan ice cream. This is “I need some rich, delicious, completely worth the calories ice cream and I need it now” ice cream.
Please just take my word on this one, ok? Make this with the heavy cream, share it with friends (so you don’t eat it all by yourself), and worry about your calorie intake on another day.
I promise, you’re worth it. The best peach ice cream is worth it.
- 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches (about 5-6 peaches)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sugars, lemon juice and extracts. Stir to combine and allow to sit for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sugars have dissolved and the peaches are juicy.
- Place peach mixture in a blender or food processor and pulse until the peaches are broken down but not totally pureed - some small chunks of peaches are ok. Add in the heavy cream and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or even overnight.
- When base is chilled, follow manufacturer's directions for churning in your ice cream maker. Once churned, place in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for a few hours to harden before serving.